Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Where did the last year go?

I just logged on to my blog and it's still in 2009. I don't know how the time has flown so fast or how I will catch up, but this is my attempt at it! Where did the year go? Well, back in January we started the move that encompassed nearly half the year. We separated and packed our stuff and sent it to the other side of the world in Belgium. We lived in our empty house for over a month, then pulled the kids out of school and drove to Utah to say goodbye to family and started the long journey towards our new life in Belgium. In April, we got into our new house and it's took us a few months to get settled, but we are finally feeling like life is back to normal. We've had many adventures since then and I hope to get them posted soon, even if the order is mixed up. Here are some of the exciting things we've done: we saw the tulips in the Netherlands, the kids started another grade in international school, Hallie has lost 2 teeth, I got to visit Amanda in NJ, Quin spent some time in Afganistan, we've been back to Spangdahlem and our old house several times, Ty is running cross country, Jacie turned 3, I lost 10 pounds with Weight Watchers, we saw Lance Armstrong riding in the Tour de France, we spent a week in Oberammergau, and we've reconnected with old friends. It's been a crazy 9 months, but we wouldn't change it!

2 comments:

The Thompsons said...

Wow Jess would you get busy and do something!!! :-)
I'm so glad your feeling a sense of normalcy. Congrat's on the 10lbs! That is a huge accomplishment especially when your living in Belgium with all that yummy stuff. GIve everyone hugs! Love you-Jen

nate_clarlaw said...

Jess! I'm so happy that you updated your blog! I miss you!